How to Flood a Cookie with Royal Icing

Royal Icing , , Leave A Comment


So what exactly does it mean to “Flood” a cookie?

“Covering (also known as “flooding”) a cookie with thinned icing is one of the basics of cookie decorating. It might look intimidating, but it’s easy enough for beginners It involves outlining the shape of the cookie to create a dam and covering the surface with thin consistency royal icing. Piping an outline creates defined edges and holds the thin icing in place, preventing it from running down the sides of the cookie.”

Wilton has a great beginner technique for those who are new and learning to decorate.

As always, check out our Facebook Page for more fun tips and tricks on Flooding cookies.

Happy Baking.


Leave a Reply